Sunday, January 8, 2012

Post Surgery

OK, so surgery was Friday. It's now Sunday. I have been in bed for 2 days. I'm going a little stir crazy. I was finally able to unwrap the knee today. It doesn't look like it is very swollen, so that is good. I showered and re-wrapped it and put my ice packs back on it.

I have to head to school in a few hours to help with the semester kickoff. I don't know how much help I'm going to be. My main role is going to be to introduce myself and say how excited I am to see everyone's auditions and how much I am looking forward to working with them all. Granted that's all true, but I am kind of in a grouchy mood because my leg hurts and I have to go be Ms. Mary Sunshine. Can someone just make a latex mask that looks like me and go pretend to be me? Can't I just stay in bed?

That comment actually probably makes no sense to my friends that I have been annoying on facebook chat the last couple of days because yesterday I wanted nothing more than to get out of bed and get out of the house. But now, all I want to do is sleep.

You never really think about how difficult it is to be forced to sleep in an unusual position. I'm forced to lie on my back with one leg propped about 12 inches in the air on a stack of pillows. I HATE sleeping on my back. I'm much more comfortable sleeping on my side, but that is more than a little out of the question.

My post-surgery doctor appointment is Wednesday. I am hoping I get the ok to not have to wear the compression bandage any more, at least when I'm sleeping. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment